Custom kitchen design is not just sizes of cupboards and drawers it is a process of optimizing location of different spaces and fitting these spaces with appropriate cabinetry. Each of the items is placed in its place in the most ergonomically correct level for the optimal use. There is a large number of options for filling in spaces from basic to complicated designs, Modular Kitchen Gallery from straight forward cupboards to clever space saving technology and usability.
Kitchen Work Triangle – The Optimum Comfort Efficiency
- If you were to draw a straight line from the center of the sink, to the center of the cook-top, to the center of the refrigerator and finally back to the sink you would have created the kitchen work triangle. The triangle formed by this line provides your optimum comfort efficiency.
- To go even further seeking the ultimate efficiency you must ensure that entries to the kitchen, access to appliances or cabinet doors do not block each other when opened. If you have opted for an island in your kitchen appliance doors shouldn’t hit any other appliance or cabinet door.
- Today’s kitchen trends in remodeling view the kitchen area to be adjacent to the dining area allowing those doing the cooking to keep contact with family and friends creating an integrated social area within the home.
Confined Kitchen Spaces
- One of the great challenges in small kitchens is finding enough storage space. Limiting your cabinets, choosing a walk-in pantry and removing rarely used items are effective methods to create more space for appliances required in your kitchen.
- Varying counter top highlights produces visual variety and assists to increase productivity if there is more than one cook in the kitchen. You can also vary the cabinet door styles making your kitchen space more visually interesting. There is no rule that says your kitchen has to be the same throughout. For example use one style of door for the island and another for your wall cabinets. Choose a different cabinet paint color or decorative finish such as a black gloss for the island and white satin white for surrounding cabinets.
Spaces for Hiding
- Some people don’t mind having refrigerators or ovens exposed however if that’s not you then there are many choices in hiding your appliances. You can install panels disguise and hide away kitchen equipment. Naturally if you do this you’ll match the panels to those used on your other cabinets.
- Hiding a stove top can be challenging however installing a raised ledge and or a breakfast bar on your island can solve that problem. Double ovens are also challenging. If your ovens are inserted into the wall there is little that is possible.
- Stainless steel is a simple and effective way to improve your appliances blending into their surroundings. Stainless steel appliances reflect the color of the surroundings and as steel is almost neutral in color steel appliances are often much less noticeable. Additionally they can add a luxury touch to any kitchen.